Is a Forest School or Forest Kindergarten right for my child? Today Juliet Robertson of Creative Star Co. gives us the scoop on the benefits of Forest schools, Outdoor education and preschools who operate outdoors. This was a whole new world for us and we explore it together in this 63 minute podcast.
Visit Juliet’s twitter :: facebook :: website
Complete our survey
Listen to this week’s show
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher
| subscribe through iTunes | on-the-go device
We learn about
- outdoor education
- creating an early years woods
- Ins and out of setting up an early years wood
- How many is too many in a small wooded area?
- Forest Kindergarten or Forest schools
- Benefit of going to a Forest school
- Outdoor preschools or nurseries and how it supports children’s learning.
- about clothing and shelter in winter
- Stones vs LEGO
- Multi-sensory activities encouraging different levels of thinking
- St Paul’s Nursery pilot project
- Where would you find a good Forest School? Try Facebook: Forest education initiative group
- about the types of activities we would likely see in a Forest school or Kindergarten
- Supervisory or assisting what’s the practice of the adults there.
- Developing a passion for the outdoors
- Wasp drills 🙂
- the type of child that’s is likely to be suitable for a Forest school
- Questions to ask in an indoor preschool about outdoor education.
- about encouraging maths in the environment around them especially to and from school
- about rain or shine nurseries
- about examples of working Forest schools-Nature preschool walk in Seattle :: Sweedish outdoor preschool
Conscious Discipline: Shubert stories :: Dr Bailey video ::
Have your say::
“Like” us on Facebook
Join in with the topic of the week from the Podcast
Add an honest review on iTunes 🙂
[…] them. Try them. That book you were recommended or that parenting class you want to look into. That play method you wanted to hear more about or that college class you were thinking of. When was the last time […]