Reading each others emotions via Emotional Intelligence.
Today’s interview is with Laura Markham, PhD. She is a clinical psychologist trained at Columbia University. But she’s also a mom, so she translates proven science into the practical solutions you need for the family life you want. Her relationship-based parenting model has helped thousands of families across the U.S. and the English-speaking world find compassionate, common-sense solutions to everything from separation anxiety and sleep problems to sass talk and cell phones.
Follow Dr Laura on Facebook
Plus in the show I talk about what happened to ” Your baby can Read”
Listen to this week’s show
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher
| subscribe through iTunes | on-the-go device
What we learn in this podcast::
- What is emotional intelligence?
- What are the benefits of focussing on EQ for parents?
- How do we show/teach EQ with our children?
- What playful activities can parents start doing today to see to make an impact on EQ?
- Are there any resources you would recommend?
Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting :: Dr Markham’s new book
Daily newsletter at Aha Parenting
Janet Lansberg: Your baby can read Q&A
Your baby can play :: Play Activities
Now that you listened to this episode of Raising Playful Tots, here’s what you could to do next:
- Education is meaningless without action. So, tell me what you learned from this episode, and how you plan to apply it to your family in the comment section.
- If you enjoyed this episode, do me a favor and share it on Twitter or Facebook. Or better yet, send a personal email to one of your friends whom you’d think would love this.
- This part is important. I’m currently have only a few reviews on iTunes, and I need to get to 10 reviews. If you have a few seconds, can you please go to iTunes and leave me an honest review (after subscribing).
Melitsa…what an amazing post! Thanks for sharing it on the Parent Hood Linky! 😉
@cafebebe So many things to learn. I really enjoyed this show. 🙂