After reading LittleMummy’s post on gift ideas for a 2 year old. It inspired me to compiled a list of the little guy’s favourite toys. Since he has an older brother he’s lucky enough to play with some toys that’s for an older stage. But he gives them a good go.
Thomas the tank Engine
Why the little guy likes it?
- Joins in with his brother racing the trains around the track
- Taking the track apart and trying to put it together in a different way.
- Making the train sounds.
- Linking the trains together and running them fast so they derail going down hill.
- Adding cars, people, animals to the track-testing different objects to see if they run on the track.
- Crashing the trains all with sound effects.
- Seeing how many trains can be clipped together and driven around the track.
Why we like it?
- He gets really engrossed and likes to stay with the trains for more than 10 minutes at time.
- He tries out his engineering ideas. ( trying to rebuild)
- Encourages cooperation on the track with his brother ( sharing trains, space, and direction)
- Uses his imagination to make sounds, play out scenarios from the book.
- So many different ways to make the track.
- Easy storage of the track and pieces
- Open ended play that changes depending on their stage.