Since we have so many toys already talk to the toy givers now while there’s time.
- Share and discuss toy alternatives for your children.
- Start a conversation about sponsoring a child; gifting a goat or a basketball.
- Gift cards in small denominations for ice cream or dessert for family nights;
- Family passes to local museums, parks, or zoos with family year round passes or Physical activities like swimming, dance, Mommy and Me, Kindermusic, Playing with clay classes. Even a partial payment goes a long way.
- Buy the first few books in a book series, or a favourite author, and give a gift card to buy the next one.
What are you doing to scale back this holiday time? What’s on your alternative gift list than a physical toy?
Alternative Play Activities holiday gift guide 2009