Where do you buy your toys?
There’s something about the local toy store like the one pictured below. This weekend we went out for brunch and found a new local toy store. (Not the one pictured)
The only thing in my favour was that we were too early and the toy store opened later.
Photo credit: Maryland Route 5
7 reasons to choose your local toy stores
- There are a variety of toys that are different in each store because no two stores are alike.
- There is a larger range of certain types of toys like puzzles or board games depending on the local interest.
- There is a bigger chance of finding interesting finds as owners maintain an inventory that fits all pockets ( $ to $$$) and tastes ( Organic, recycled, plastic, wooden, electronic, simple, retro, International etc..)
- Ability to buy local by connecting to local toy makers , artists and events about play. You may meet them as they pop in to drop off new products.
- You can dig around and find gems because not all the toys are there because of their margin or how popular. Instead these toy stores are heavily based on the owners direction and customer input.
- Chance to see new toys, up and coming manufactures of toys alongside the big boys
My favourite: The owners and staff are usually very passionate about play. They have a lot of information about their products and are willing to guide and support you in toy decisions.
Local toy shops are everywhere. Here are a few of my local ones 🙂
Where are your favourite places to buy toys? Do you enjoy the local toy stores? What do you wish your toy store carried?