Getting out into the garden with some structured activities this week was a whole lot of fun.
The LO did a lot of scissor work snipping at the weeds. Our aim was to find some leaves and flowers to snip but he loved snipping at the grass. His brothers are into Indiana Jones at the moment so everyone in our house is out exploring. So the weeds just add to their jungle exploring experience. Well that’s what I tell myself and seriously the boys are loving the experience.
Nature snap was a game I’ve wanted to do for a long time. The LO is learning his colours and loves to classify and sort so this game seemed a natural fit. We could do all those things together.
Gather all your materials- doubles of flowers, petals and leaves, blank cards, glue
Stick on the leaf, flower or petal
Leave to dry.
We played variation of snap and patience. Watch the video below
Endless fun with bringing nature indoors. We played snap, patience, sorted and classified.
More nature activities
- Flower Power – 10 Ways to Explore Flowers :: Sun Hat and Wellie boots
- Nature Crafts and Activities for Kids You Will Want To Do RIGHT Now :: Inner Child Fun
- Painting With Nature – Simple Summer Crafts :: No Time For Flashcards
- Ideas for block play and displaying nature :: Play Activities
- Garden flower play dough :: Nurture Store