What are your must have toys or equipment for your play lifestyle?
I have a baby who is 14months. Here are some of his favourites right now on his ‘must play’ list. Things that keep him happy. Things he tries to find, wherever you try to hide them. Things he gives up bought toys for in a heartbeat. Things we use together or supervised.
- Empty containers with lids
- Natural objects changed according to the season, shopping list and state. ( currently wooden spoon, leaves, kiwi, stones and head of a sunflower)
- Blocks especially the cuboids and cubes. We’ve put away most of the cylinders, triangled ones etc
- Book of colours, book of rhymes, book to touch and feel and a pop up book to do with mummy or daddy.
- Wooden spoon, various sizes
- Odd sock and odd glove
- Ball of wool
- Nuby balls for those teeth and to roll
- cups in various sizes, shapes and colours
- Filled empty bottles with coloured liquid or glitter with a little mineral oil and water.
- Yogurt or pudding to play with in his high chair
- Songs that calm, songs that you can sing along.