We stumbled across this recipe from Our best bites. We often have a pizza night along with our family night where we often make pizza.
We decided to use the family night to make and eat the pizza. This was a great together activity. The boys cut, weighed, placed and worked on these pizzas.
We made two types of pizza balls; a cheese based one and a meat based one.
Our basic ingredients
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pineapple and sweetcorn
( slices of precooked chicken- leftovers)
Plus refrigerated pizza dough.
- Layout the dough according to package instructions.
- Using a pizza cutter. Divide into large squares.
- Add your filling
- Pinch each closed so the filling is inside and the dough is outside.
- Place seam side down in a greased dish.
- Brush top with garlic butter/oil and sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.
We poured seasoned sauce in a ramekin for dipping.
Cooking with kids is a lot of fun. They can get really creative and usually eat what they make 🙂
As a recipe we all loved it. It was labour intensive having to roll up each bite but the time together was totally worth it.