- Operation playtime- come join in! 20th January 2009
- #OPT starts tomorrow
- Operation Playtime Day 1 of 12: Blocks
- Operation Playtime Day 2 of 12: Record a nursery rhyme or action song together
- Operation Playtime Day 3 of 12 Cooking
- Operation Playtime Day 4 of 12: Book marathon
- Operation Playtime Day 5 of 12:Painting
Hi! My name is Amy Anderson. I have a background in elementary education, and currently am a stay-at-home mom of two girls. I am very involved in my daughters’ parent participation preschool and kindergarten classroom. I share many of our creative play and explorations at my blog and offer a variety of creative products to inspire imagination, discovery, and play at my online shop, Let’s Explore. I am very happy to be sharing a really fun and easy project with you today!
My girls and I love to explore painting with a variety of brushes and objects. One of our favorite explorations is with gadgets and tools from the kitchen. So, gather up some washable paint and an assortment of things from the kitchen. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- potato masher
- honey dipper
- sponges and scrubbies
- bottle brush
- cookie cutters
- melon baller
Try spreading a thin layer of paint on a paper plate or tray. Your child can then dip a gadget in the paint and make a print on the paper. Some tools, like honey dippers and whisks, are also fun to dip into a cup of paint and then dab and roll on the paper. Experiment!
Most kitchen tools clean-up well afterwards and you can continue using them in the kitchen. However, I also like to keep a box of kitchen gadgets that I don’t use anymore or that I find inexpensively for anytime painting and less worry about clean-up.
- Put your thoughts in a blog post and use that link, not your blog, into Mr Linky. We want to go right to your post 🙂
- Add a comment here as well if you’d like.
- Follow the other Operation Playtimers and comment on their #OPT post.
See you tomorrow.
Thanks for another day of fun!
joann10’s last blog post..Operation Playtime-Day 5-Paint
I glad I found this today and look forward to the next idea for play time.
mary’s last blog post..Operation Playtime Day 5 of 12:Painting