- Operation playtime- come join in! 20th January 2009
- #OPT starts tomorrow
- Operation Playtime Day 1 of 12: Blocks
- Operation Playtime Day 2 of 12: Record a nursery rhyme or action song together
- Operation Playtime Day 3 of 12 Cooking
- Operation Playtime Day 4 of 12: Book marathon
- Operation Playtime Day 5 of 12:Painting
- Operation Playtime Day 6 of 12: Get outside
- Operation Playtime Day 7 of 12: Pretend play
- Operation Playtime 8 of 12: Kitchen Grocery Store
- Operation Playtime Day 9 of 12: Playdoh, gloop and yuk!
- Operation Playtime Day 10 of 12: Make Bubbles
- Operation Playtime Day 11 of 12: Sugar chalk
This is a guest post from Shannon of Teachingtots. She is a SAHM with 2 wonderful girls! I was a preschol teacher for 11 years before I decided to stay at home with my oldest LO. I dug out all my teacher books and started teaching her at home. She is in 2nd grade now and getting all A’s! When I had my littlest girl I started all over again but this time with a twist I started a blog about our homeschool adventures: TeachingTinytots
My girls love to color with Chalk and i love it too for 1 because we always have chalk around the house! But lets face it chalk drawings smear and smudge! Well not anymore: Sugar Chalk will be bold and bright and it won’t smear or smudge!
You will need: sidewalk chalk or regular chalk, bowl, water, sugar, construction paper
To make: place water and 1/2 cup of sugar in the bowl and stir until it is dissolved. place the chalk in the bowl ( make sure the bowl is big enough and there is enough water to cover the chalk. Let the chalk soak a few hours or overnight.
Take the chalk out and give your LO’s construction paper and the chalk and them create pretty masterpieces! Black or dark blue construction paper makes the most bold chalk masterpieces but any color will work!!!
This idea and recipe came from my favorite art book for little kids First Art by Mary Ann Kohl
- Put your thoughts in a blog post and use that link, not your blog, into Mr Linky. We want to go right to your post 🙂
- And/or Add a comment here as well if you’d like.
- Follow the other Operation Playtimers and comment on their #OPT post.
See you tomorrow. Last day.