Dot Male is a mother and trained kindergarten teacher. She runs Steiner Parent and Child Groups and organises courses for parents and Parent and Child Group leaders. She lives in York. Dot is the author of Parent and Child Group Handbook.
Listen to this week’s show
- the importance of rhythm and routine in a play space.
- what our environment is for- is it engaging? entertaining or something else?
- about the benefits of going back to basics and learning about what our children should/can do
- about imitation and what we can do to encourage toddlers to imitate
- Ideas for everyday play for young children
- about Simplicity parenting workshops and the benefits of group study on really changing our environment
- Focus on the 4 areas of simplicity
- Parenting with your partner who’s not on board
- Testing out different ideas works
- About focusing out and not focusing in.
- Why we need less toys and the impact of more toys on deep play
- Easy working checklist for simplifying toys
Here’s What You Need To Do Next…
Now that you listened to this episode of Raising Playful Tots, here’s what you need to do next:
- Education is meaningless without action. So, tell me what you learned from this episode, and how you plan to apply it to your family in the comment section.
- If you enjoyed this episode, do me a favor and share it on Twitter or Facebook. Or better yet, send a personal email to one of your friends whom you’d think would love this.
- This part is important. I’m currently have only a few reviews on iTunes, and I need to get to 10 reviews. If you have a few seconds, can you please go to iTunes and leave me an honest review (after subscribing).