The Listen Online Option
Raising Playful Tots and most other programs offer a simple way to listen to each new show right on the website. This is called ‘streaming the audio’. When you listen this way, no files are being downloaded onto your computer at all – you just listen and when you’re finished you have nothing to delete or clean off of your computer.
How to listen on site
- Visit the main page and at the top of the post.Click here or
- Locate the grey player . Click that button. The audio will start within a few seconds.
The Manual Download Option
A podcast is simply an mp3 file that has been set up to be delivered via an RSS subscription. I always offer the mp3 file as a manual download for those who don’t want to mess around with the RSS feed. Just click on the ‘Download’ button at the bottom of each post.You’ll be prompted to ‘open with’ or ‘save file’. Save file will save to your computer. Open with gives another option to listen using software you have installed on your computer. E.g. Windows media player. After it downloads, you can do whatever you like with it. Burn it to a CD, send it to your Mp3 player or listen right on your computer without being connected to the internet. After you’ve listened you can delete it.
The iTunes Option
iTunes is the Media Player offered by Apple.com. iTunes is an easy option and used by more podcast listeners than anything else.
You don’t have to have a Mac computer in order to use iTunes as they do offer iTunes for the PC. And you don’t have to own an iPod in order to make use of iTunes.
To download iTunes visit: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Once you have iTunes set up on your computer, use this link to access Raising Playful Tots https://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=342843414. There is a link on the sidebar , “Subscribe via iTunes”
- This will open up your iTunes browser and take you directly to the Podcast link. You’ll see the badge and recognise the show titles.
- Under the badge, on the left side, is a “Subscribe Free” button.
- You’ll be prompted by an “Are you sure question” from iTunes. ( If this is enabled)
- Click Subscribe
- Raising playful tots will now download the latest show and all subsequent shows as they are posted.
I’m a new subscriber but I want to listen to your previous shows how do I do that?
- All the shows are archived in one place called shows. Clicking on the individual show will take you to the show notes and options to listen again as outlined above.
- Listening from iTunes is also possible.
- Use the Lijit search bar and click content.
- Locate Raising Playful Tots in your podcast library.
- Right click the title. You’ll see a drop down box with play, update podcast, show all available episodes etc.
- Click show all available episodes
- Left click the triangle to the left of the title Raising playful tots.
- Now you’ll see all the podcast. The ones you have listened to in black with or without a blue circle close by. But you’ll see many grey titles with the option to “Get”. You can select which ones you wish to “Get” and they will be downloaded for you.
If you need any help please contact me 🙂