New Year’s Eve seems the perfect time to ask interview questions of our kids. It’s before we start a new year so we can look back and remember.
After all the advent activities from the previous month, the toys, activities and gifts from December it’s actually nice to have a conversational event.New Year’s Eve interview questions is a time to actually hear the kids answers. After all the in out of December and family and friends I’m looking forward to sitting for this conversation. All the attention in one place….hopefully no interruptions.
We’ve never had a New Year’s Eve tradition before. It’s been a bit of an anti climax in our house because none of us stays up. Since we’re a chatty household it just made sense to record some of the things the kids say. As a podcaster, I have an external microphone the kids always want to use so I know they’ll be excited when we use it today.
Kids say the funniest things and if we can capture these memories they’ll be so amazing to look back on in the future. It also gives us a little perspective to what’s going on with them.
Record them using your smartphone or mic on the computer, grab a journal. Whatever you do……keep it and view it again in the year. I’m thinking on their birthdays. 🙂
Here are our questions we’re starting this year as our new New Year’s Even tradition. We have a 4 ,7 and 9 year old boys.
- What are mothers for and what do they do?
- What are fathers for and what do they do?
- What’s your favourite game?
- What’s the last book you read?
- What would you love to do outside?
- Best dessert?
- What are you good at?
- Who is the most important person in your family to you?
- If you could change one thing in your family what would you change?
- What does your family do for fun?
- What will you do when you grow up?
Not all of the questions will fit for each child and I’m sure we’ll make up some more on the fly.