Welcome to the 20th edition of [tag]Carnival of Parenting Podcasts[/tag]
It’s a place to share and find some new parenting [tag]podcasts[/tag] from the podcaster and recommendations from those who listen to podcasts.
..Not sure about Podcasts? Try this ecourse.
Send in your favourite podcasts of the fortnight.
- What really matters with Vicky & Jen: Why Gender Matters Forget everything you think you know about gender differences in children. In recent years, scientists have discovered that differences between girls and boys are more profound than anybody guessed. Today we’ll discuss those differences with Dr. Leonard Sax, author of Why Gender Matters: What Parents and Teachers Need to Know about the Emerging Science of Sex Differences.
- Manic Mommies : MommyDocs On Call Do you really need the flu shot? Do your kids? What temperature warrants a call to the doctor? And what exactly is the germy wormy?
- NWF: Issue #96: Backyard Bundle-up Available as a podcast. ”
Turn. It. Off. Must turn it off!
It is the TV, and it has been taking over a bit since the weather turned so cold. Time for this mom to put the brakes on.”
On this edition, we reflect on our own reading experiences as children and consider the impact of read-a-thons now that we’re parents. Listen in as we wonder aloud about the effectiveness of read-a-thons, ways in which we can motivate children to love reading and the importance of preschool emphasis on language, pre-literacy and a love of reading.
- ChitChatMoms Episode #39:Pregnancy and Preschool. Join us as we talk about Sara’s expanding family (and belly) plus preschool happenings including half day vs full day, adjustment issues, time outs, and nap times. And keeping with our current track record – even MORE surprises are revealed! What surprise? Whose surprise? Come check it out.
- TheDaddyCast: DaddyCast #167 Winter Safety Winter safety- safety items for any time of year but perhaps even more appropriate around the holidays. Teaching financial lessons with Christmas money.
On this episode we catch up with Felicity Chapman, founder of Cubes and Crayons.
- TheDivaCast:Episode 125: Holiday Recovery
We talk about our kids’ expectations during the holidays. We live a great life and our kids don’t quite “get it.”
- The Parents Journal-010709-TPJ One Hour Show New Parents Learning to Parent- Carl Honore
Friendship in Elementary Years-Dr. Ann Garfinkle
Practical Parenting Tip-from Moms & Dads
Tips to Avoid Spoiling Kids-Dr. Madeline Levine
Money Saving Tips for New Parents-Sandy Jones
- Mighty mommy: Battling Boredom Mighty Mommy with some quick and dirty tips for practical parenting. It’s common to hear kids telling their parents, “I’m bored” or “There’s nothing to do.”
- New Urban Mom: Show 16 – Family, Sacrifice, Service and Community: Join us for an interview with mom, military wife and podcast/multimedia diva, Tammy Munson. You’ll be glad you listened in to hear about the kind of sacrifice and commitment of these men, women and children who are giving so much to our country.
Send in your recommendations to be included in the top 10 favourite podcasts of the week fortnight.
What’s your favourite parenting podcast?
Send in your favourite one. Podcasters submit your favourite shows. For more information see the introductory post.
- If you like what you hear don’t forget to tell them about it. Subscribe to their podcast.
Technorati tags: carnival of parenting podcasts, blog carnival.