to see families thriving and transforming by engaging in honest heart conversations and boldly challenging the status quo.
Raising Playful Tots is a place where mothers can safely explore a slower, simpler and playful lifestyle so they can get to the heart of what their family needs to thrive both now and in the years come.
- We simplify parenting
- We intentionally slow down to figure out what our family needs
- We become the compass for the broad experience of play for our children
- Our families are thriving because we are proactive
- We are continuously anticipating the future needs of our family.
This is our compass for the Early Years and Midhood
- Read books listen to audio you become like the 5 things you see do around you … positive uplifting people voices. Every day . Listen to positive msgs.
- Choose where to fill your time…. not all in 0 to 2 but dwell in the 5 to 7 areas more. Going for good to great or okay to better
- Actively work on relationships with your partner. Time with people. children spending time with us and others. Mentoring
- Margin…breathing space for unstructured play creativity reflection observation. Roundtable. Quiet time to gather thoughts. .observe reflect let the brain breathe its ideas
- Establish family baseline quest scroll Decide which train you’re going on by devising your own carriage/ Be so familiar with it you’re confident to let it drive your family/see through these lens without hesitation. evaluate and modify your carriage.
- Take Travel trips ( these keep your thoughts/values pliable) new skills learning ( keep the brain active and engaged in family/friends/life) Remember hobbies things that light you up ( mastery- achievement)
- Help others don’t just say it! ( help others) do it. model and do. secret missions of giving + doing.
- Environment matters….too manys….space…peace…calm sound …music .exploration and curiosity
- Tell stories-The power of stories, events and places to evoke memories and embrace families. Good and bad. coping and building relationships- it’s what we remember and lean on in our darker days
- Taking the good, discarding the doubt and deciding what’s right for our family. Finding our family way is cornerstone. We will find elements in many different areas. Giving ourselves permission to seek and discard ideas that come along remembering our family, will be different to the next. This makes us a little less reactive and a little more agile as we live within our families.
Note about ideals
We all have standards and this is us laying them on the table. We aim and strive in this direction. We will wholeheartedly go in this direction. We’re not discouraged when we stumble and fall infact we know which direction to look as we steady and try again.
Here at Raising Playful Tots this is our vision, mission and values. Everything will come from this. We don’t know where this journey will take us fully and with all the things that can happen the compass is what will pull us back on track. Ideals are just that. We strongly believe, that if you aim for nothing you’ll hit it every time and if you’ve don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything so choose your stand.
I hope you’ll join us.