Welcome back to the 4th part in the series of Toddler [tag]play[/tag] activities.
We are big [tag]Usborne[/tag] fans here and we bought this book for car journeys as there are so many pages. We have some smaller versions in the house. This is one we keep in the car. If we’re stuck somewhere one of us will come back to the car to get it. The kids have been known to add it to the bottom of the stroller themselves.
Both kids are fascinated with the pictures with so much going on . Now the Big guy will talk about what he sees to the little guy and they play a version of I Spy together.
Why he likes it?
- Looking at the pictures.
- He can point endlessly at pictures.
- He hears and learns new words.
- He can play with adults, older brother or even by himself.
- He loves to look for objects.
Why we like it?
- Chance to talk about what’s going on in the picture.
- Chance to experience vocabulary in context.
- Each time you look at the picture there seems to be something else to talk about.
- Lovely calming activity and encourages concentration and discrimination skills.
- Open ended activity that is portable.
- Pictures provoke discussions, stories and questions on a wide range of topics.