I think we all start with good intentions.
We want to find and do play activities that incorporate learning and play where we can spend time together. We have two or more children under 5 and trying to find an activity that reaches them both has often been a struggle. Time is a big issue as work that needs to be done takes over the time we have and we find that another day is over and we haven’t connected as much as we wanted with out children.
It’s something we all struggle with at one time or another and in this 31 day series we’re looking at some play activities, ideas , resources and comments about Sensory Play. My idea is that Sensory Play brings us together because of the items we use. It’s often calming and exciting and who doesn’t like to be a cool parent!
In my series, 31 Days of Sensory Play , we will explore many things, from nurturing curiosity to living in the real world. My idea is to cover a wide variety of topics — as many as I can think of that affect my own children’s playfulness and impact my motivation for play as a parent.
Sometimes the posts will be longer projects and some bitesized. You won’t have a beautiful clean house at the end of this 31 day series, an organized home or perfectly behaved children who’ll love to play every second of the day.
What you’ll get though I hope will be helpful reminders, lots of nod your head moments , more focus and ideas . Most of all, I hope you’ll take the time to try these activities. . My wish for you is a feeling that we all are on the same journey together to raising a more playful tot with life throwing us lots of detours along the way but we can negotiate them together.
My reasons for writing these posts
- the interaction of the community. We’re not alone. Someone’s been there before us and has an alternative to our struggles. I love hearing the different ways we – raise playful tots.
- Sensory play is wonderful way to engage with your children
- Discipline of writing for this length of time (Ek!)
- documenting what I’ve learnt with my three little boys and the meandering journey we are on.
What I expect from you:
- I hope you join in; post your ideas; comment.
- I hope you read and not skim . I hope you share.
- I hope you enjoy.
- Most of all I hope you take these action steps and make them part of your play life from this moment on.
You won’t want to miss a post — follow me on Facebook ::
So glad you will be joining me in this 31 day journey!
Please share the love — grab my button!