- Operation playtime- come join in! 20th January 2009
- #OPT starts tomorrow
- Operation Playtime Day 1 of 12: Blocks
- Operation Playtime Day 2 of 12: Record a nursery rhyme or action song together
- Operation Playtime Day 3 of 12 Cooking
- Operation Playtime Day 4 of 12: Book marathon
- Operation Playtime Day 5 of 12:Painting
- Operation Playtime Day 6 of 12: Get outside
This is a post for us.
We’ve lived in Colorado now for over a year. Being a military family we’ve lived in a few places. When we did our play audit we noticed we didn’t spend much time or nearly as much time as I’d like or have done in the past outside. Partly it’s the new area; pregnancy & now newborn- but excuses aside I’m looking for some ways to motivate us outside more.
I think this video response is apt for winter.
Don’t get me wrong we do go outside especially to the park and on our bikes…….just not for long. The boys are very active inside. Trying for a little more balance and direct that fantastic energy outside.
What do you do? How do you encourage outside play? Do the kids have to go out everyday?
Think about the answers
- What gross motor activities do your kids love to do? cycling? scooters? tag? teeter tooters? gardening?
- What do they do unstructured play? outdoor toys and equipment?
- Do you like walks; going for hikes; trip to the park?
- Put your thoughts in a blog post and use that link, not your blog, into Mr Linky. We want to go right to your post 🙂
- And/or Add a comment here as well if you’d like.
- Follow the other Operation Playtimers and comment on their #OPT post.
See you tomorrow.