- Operation playtime- come join in! 20th January 2009
- #OPT starts tomorrow
- Operation Playtime Day 1 of 12: Blocks
- Operation Playtime Day 2 of 12: Record a nursery rhyme or action song together
- Operation Playtime Day 3 of 12 Cooking
- Operation Playtime Day 4 of 12: Book marathon
- Operation Playtime Day 5 of 12:Painting
- Operation Playtime Day 6 of 12: Get outside
- Operation Playtime Day 7 of 12: Pretend play
Yesterday we looked at unstructured [tag]pretend play[/tag]. Pretend play is such a huge part of [tag]unplugged play[/tag]. Today the focus is on a structured pretend play scenario.
Kitchen Grocery Store
Imaginative play is crucial, it allows your child to test out and use skills they observe all day long. They also learn new words, use math skills , tap into their imagination and so much more. Our grocery store took me 5 minutes to set up and we played with it for ages! Using real food seems to make it extra special, but play food will work just fine.
- Gather your materials. You will need some food from your pantry and /or fridge, a cart or basket, a bag to put your purchases in, some play money and something that can be turned into a register. We used a stool, with a plate and some red paper to make a “scanner”.
- Get your money and grab a basket!
- Start Shopping !
- Time to Pay!
Have fun and remember how important play is!
- Put your thoughts in a blog post and use that link, not your blog, into Mr Linky. We want to go right to your post 🙂
- And/or Add a comment here as well if you’d like.
- Follow the other Operation Playtimers and comment on their #OPT post.
See you tomorrow.